|Created Date||20-04-27 09:54|
|Due Date||Occasion Employment|
At Amazon, our mission is to be the earth’s most customer-centric company. To achieve this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continuously evolving, and is a place where motivated employees thrive, and where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), an Amazon company, is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. Millions of customers - including the fastest growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies - trust AWS to power their infrastructure. Founded in 2006, AWS offers over 165 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, robotics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, mobile, security, hybrid, virtual reality, augmented reality, media, and application development, deployment, and management from 69 availability zones within 22 geographic regions, spanning the globe.
AWS APAC Next Gen Internship Program – Korea
The AWS APAC & ASEAN teams are looking to hire and develop the next generation of leaders for our organization. We are seeking talented and enthusiastic students who are passionate about solving business problems, i
nnovating and building new processes, and leading high-impact initiatives. The Next Gen Internship Program allows you to gain exposure to the AWS business and our unique Amazonian culture through a rewarding learning experience. For this six months internship (July 2020 to Jan 2021), interns will be based in our Seoul office, and will be assigned to one of the following teams:
(1) Account Management
(2) Business Development
(3) Channels and Alliances
(4) Sales Strategy, Operations & Enablement
As an intern, you will independently own a key business project that can drive business value, and tasks to support your assigned team. You will hone your leadership and presentation skills, and apply your creativity to innovate for our business. At the end of your internship, all interns will present their project learnings and proposal to a panel of key business leaders.
Join us! It is as simple as, ‘come build the future with us.’
About the Functions:
1. Account Management: The account management teams develop and execute against a territory plan to drive revenue and market share. Our account management teams work directly with customers and drive business growth by articulating compelling value propositions for AWS services, drive customer adoption of AWS, and ensure customer satisfaction.
2. Business Development: The business development team incubates business initiatives with an impact that will shape how the business will look like in the next 5 to 10 years. The team creates go-to-market strategies for identified business opportunities, and collaborate with other functions to implement these strategies to accelerate customer adoption of AWS.
3. Channels and Alliances: The Channels and Alliances team recruits, enables, and develops consulting and technology partners to drive their business growth. The AWS Partner Network (APN) is a global partner program that focuses on helping APN partners build successful AWS-based businesses or solutions by providing business, technical, marketing, and go-to-market support. Our consulting partners are professional services firms that help customers design, architect, and migrate their workloads and applications on AWS. Our technology partners provide software solutions that are hosted or integrated on the AWS platform.
4. Sales Strategy, Operations, and Enablement (SSOE): The SSOE team works closely with the management team to develop, implement, and manage business processes, reports and strategies that optimize business functions to meet organizational goals.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate:
• Has business acumen, and is able to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal skills required
• Is curious to learn, and has a ‘can-do’ attitude with strong ownership
• Adept at problem-solving, and can come up with creative and innovative solutions
• Results driven with analytical capability to provide data-driven insights
• Able to multi-task and prioritize competing stakeholder requests
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Is comfortable working independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Candidates must be able to legally work in Korea
• Penultimate year student working towards a bachelor’s and Masters who can work full time for 6 months
• Analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use Excel or other software to provide data to support analyses
• Excellent Korean and English written and verbal communication skills
Important Note for Application
You must attach a one page written response with your resume (saved in PDF or Microsoft Word format), and upload this as part of your application. For this one page written response (with no bullet point’s usage), please follow the instructions below:
• As written communications skills are an important aspect of the culture at Amazon, please choose and respond to one of the two prompts below for your application:
(1) Define innovation using anecdote examples, and professional experiences.
(2) Why is it always Day 1?
• The questions are designed so that they can be interpreted in multiple ways. You must respond in narrative form (with no bullet point’s usage). Please exclude any confidential information in your responses. We will evaluate your writing based on your clarity of thought and expression, and the organization and structure of your written response.
• Remind you that we will only consider applications with the one page written response, and uploaded together with your resume.
1) Resume + One page essay submission (all in English)
2) Phone Interview (30 min)
3) Face to face interview (1day, Onsite)