|Created Date||19-05-31 18:01|
|Due Date||Occasion Employment|
- A full time Research Assistant at CLSA Korea.
- This role will work with senior analysts in oil & gas/industrial sector research on all aspects of the equity research activities as well as working closely with other team members in research.
- This role offers attractive career progression potential as a research analyst.
- Self-motivated, diligent, and can work under pressure of deadlines
- Possesses high standards for excellence and takes ownership of the work
- Have great attention for detail
- Well rounded team player
- Highly proficient in Excel and have good numeracy skills
- Fluency in both written and verbal English and enjoys communicating with others
- Due to the broad scope of the research, basic financial and accounting knowledge is needed
- Proactive character, open-mindedness, and intellectual curiosity are the key qualities we look for
- Recent college graduates or current college seniors who can start immediately upon acceptance
- No limit on experience
- Good opportunity for someone who wants to enter finance industry
- A full time Research Assistant
- Until filled (highly advise applicants to apply early as the interview will be conducted on a rolling basis)
- English resume and cover letter (please compile both documents into ONE file – pdf or doc)
- Send compiled file to email@example.com
- Please name subject line & file [CLSA-RA] YOUR NAME
Dear prospective candidates:
This position will be one of five Research Assistants (RA) working alongside sector analysts within the Korea research team at CLSA. RAs engage in all aspects of equity research from data analysis and publishing research reports to client service. Korea office is one of CLSA’s 18 offices across Asia-Pacific, UK, and the US, that provides investment banking, equity broking and asset management services to global corporate and institutional clients.Research is at the core of CLSA, having built our reputation on differentiated, unrivalled equity research which is consistently ranked one of the best in Asia.
We take RA hiring seriously. Many of our management team as well as sector analysts in Korea have started out as an RA here. We have a unique culture of nurturing talent internally as opposed to hiring experienced talent from outside.
However, not everyone gets or wants an opportunity to be a sector analyst with us. During the last few years, three former RAs have successfully transitioned themselves into a full-fledged analyst. Others have decided to pursue other opportunities, generally after 2-4 years here. Those who did went on to diverse areas in finance such as asset management, VC, fin-tech start-up, credit-rating agency, and even fund of funds. Working (hard) as an RA at CLSA gives you a well-rounded training that should make you attractive to many other career options.
This job is not for everyone. We look for curious, honest person who is self-motivated and appreciates the value of hard work. The job requires solid bilingual communication skills in English and Korean as well as basic understanding of accounting and finance. You need good sense of numbers and be comfortable with spreadsheets of data.
If all of the above sounds appealing to you, please apply. We have a role for you to fill at CLSA that will get you a proper real-world training in equity finance under an entrepreneurial vibe.
Head of Korea Research, CLSA