|Created Date||19-05-01 12:27|
The Hirediversity team contacted the company and confirmed the following:
- This position can be applied regardless of nationality.
- All work in the relevant language can be done in "English".
- Korean ability is not necessary."0" korean skill needed.
- Applicant must be able to work legally in Korea
Dubbed "The Most Innovative Streaming Video Service" by Forbes, Rakuten Viki is the world's leading platform for Asian entertainment and culture, where millions of people watch their favorite TV shows, movies, and influencer videos. With more than a billion words translated into 200+ languages by a community of avid fans, Viki brings global entertainment to fans everywhere.
Soompi, a subsidiary of Rakuten Viki, is one of the biggest global K-pop news sites and the longest-running fandom community. From innovative engagement features to original content and social shopping, Rakuten Viki and Soompi are pushing the boundaries of user engagement and social viewing. Founded in 1998, Soompi has become the ultimate authority for all the latest news on Korean celebrities, music, TV shows, movies, and style, as well as a respected organization that works closely with major Korean entertainment agencies to bring you exclusive content. Soompi boasts a dedicated user base from 150 different countries. Site traffic is spread out among our comprehensive forums and news site. Soompi reports everything awesome and important going on in the world of Korean entertainment, in a way that's lively, engaging, positive, respectful, and timely. In August 2015, Soompi was acquired by Viki, Inc., the leading streaming video service for global TV
Soompi is seeking a focused and ambitious editorial intern to join our growing editorial team in Seoul, South Korea.
The editorial intern will work closely with writers and senior editors from around the world to produce engaging, insightful, and fun digital content. Candidates must be passionate about producing content that can reach a mass audience and connect people with each other and with Korean entertainment and culture. Our editors are fully involved in all stages of the editorial process.
The editorial intern must be knowledgeable about Korean entertainment and culture. She or he should also have knowledge of the various global communities and media coverage currently evolving around Korea’s creative and cultural content.
As an editorial intern, you will be working with the full-time staff at the Soompi Seoul office near the Sinsa Station. The position is paid, with the 4 major Korean insurances provided. The contract term is 6 months and the position will begin in June.
● Assist in off-site event and press conference coverage for K-drama and K-pop related content
● Writing posts for publication on the site each day
● Track and research trends and stories related to Korean entertainment and culture
● Provide feedback and editorial support to other writers on the team
● Brainstorm with Soompi editors and the Viki team to continuously improve content and build community
● Fluent enough in Korean to be able to read and translate written material
● Have strong command of English grammar
● Strong writing skills with an energetic, positive written voice
● Have good knowledge of the Korean entertainment industry
● Must be organized, pro-active, and dedicated
Experience in blogging, social media networking, Photoshop, videography, or photography is a plus.
How to apply:
Send a resume,
cover letter (please note what type of visa you have if you are not a Korean citizen),
one writing sample, and a translation of this article
, and a couple of original topics you would like to write about firstname.lastname@example.org with [Editorial Intern Application] in the subject field.
We will take applications as they arrive. The deadline is May 23, 2019.
You must be able to work legally in Korea, meaning that you will need to be a South Korean citizen or possess a proper visa. F-4 (for people of Korean heritage) and H-1 (for people from Australia, France, Canada, Japan, and New Zealand, United States) will suffice, and other visas may be an option. We cannot sponsor visas. For more information, go here:https://www.visa.go.kr/
The job information may change at any time, depending on the circumstances of the company. Hirediversity shall not be held responsible for the job information.