|Created Date||21-04-14 18:00|
(6 month internship based in Seoul, South Korea)
For 13 years, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. Millions of customers including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies trust AWS to power their digital and IT infrastructure, become more agile, and lower costs. AWS offerings include artificial intelligence and machine learning services (AI/ML), scalable data stores for 100s of Petabytes, and flexible components to quickly build large, yet performant Enterprise-scale applications.
Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers and designers who love what they do. We are looking for outstanding candidates to join the team for 6 month as Technical Consultant Interns.
The intern will work closely with internal teams to learn more about the team. For the enthusiastic candidate who is expected to take on a high level of ownership, this internship role will provide an opportunity for mentorship and growth. It is an exciting, internship opportunity for motivated individual.
Job Responsibilities include:
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are hiring Professional Services (ProServe) Interns to help our customers develop technical expertise and deliver results in key engagements, often alongside our partners. The technical consultant intern will help customers experiment with proof-of-concepts, provide guidance on AWS best practices, and help customers and partners succeed in their implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, IoT, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery.
As an AWS ProServe Intern, you will:
• Work as part of a team of experienced AWS consultants on-site at our customers and together with our customers’ business and IT specialists to help them achieve their desired business outcomes quickly
• Support projects that build Amazonian mechanisms to scale the Professional Services business
• Work on proof of concepts that help bring to life the capabilities of the AWS platform for enterprise customers
Important Note for Application
You must attach a one page written response with your resume (saved in PDF or Microsoft Word format), and upload this as part of your application. For this one page written response (with no bullet point’s usage), please follow the instructions below:
• As written communications skills are an important aspect of the culture at Amazon, please respond to the prompt provided below for your application:
Writing assessment topic
AWS leadership principle(LP) is one of key success factor for AWS to become a leader in cloud market. Therefore, AWS employee use LP every day when we discuss new idea or solve problem. Please choose one or two AWS leadership principle that you like the most and explain why based on your personal experience.
(10pt, Calibri, Single line spacing, 1pg max)
· Able to work full time for 6 month
· Currently on penultimate year of studies in Bachelor's or Master’s in a relevant field (Computer Science, Data Science or Engineering program background preferred)
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices
· Passion for experimentation and problem-solving
· Intermediate verbal and writing skills in English
· Programming in one or more object-oriented languages like Java/Python/C#/Ruby/Objective C/C++
· Knowledge of the primary AWS services such as EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route53 and S3.
· Background in algorithm engineering, distributed systems, networking, or IT security. · Knowledge of Scrum/Agile methodology
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit AMAZON Web Services**