|Created Date||20-08-21 19:19|
|Due Date||Occasion Employment|
Lumerical is a leading developer of photonic simulation software – software which enables research and development professionals to predict how light behaves within complex structures, circuits, and systems. Photonics unlocks many possibilities for the world’s most innovative companies .
Lumerical is looking for an Applications Engineer, located in Seoul, Korea, to join the Technical Services Group. As an Applications Engineer, you will work closely with customers to help them achieve their R&D goals using Lumerical’s industry-leading photonic design software.
• Fielding challenging enquiries regarding product usage in advanced applications
• Enhancing Lumerical’s knowledge base by developing and documenting simulation methodologies to address novel customer problems
• Creating and maintaining product training courses for both live
• Identifying promising areas for future products through interaction with customers
• Working with the R&D team to test and develop new products
• Traveling, up to 20 %, to understand customer needs, offer support and conduct training.
• Experience using Lumerical’s simulation tools or other photonic modeling tools
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Physics, Physics or Electrical Engineering
• Good understanding of photonic science, applications and technologies
• Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• A keen interest in working with customers to ensure their success
• Experimental or theoretical knowledge of photonic applications of industrial interest including photonic integrated circuits, optical communication systems, solar cells, LEDs, or CMOS image sensors
• Graduate level courses in solid state devices
• Familiarity with EDA design flows, including compact model development and validation
• Participation in an MPW run, including design, fabrication, and testing
• Programming experience with MATLAB, Python or similar language