|Created Date||20-06-22 18:37|
|Due Date||2020-07-31 | Rolling Base|
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will partner closely with various external clients, internal parties and provide up to date, industry leading research. Your days will be filled analysing data and building models to assist clients from across the sector. You’ll be able to recognise critical data points, analytical concepts and come to a logical conclusion within the modelling/valuation process.
• Work closely with Global Equity Research team supporting coverage on Korea Bank/Biotech sector;
• Contribute to thematic sector reports on Korea Bank/Biotech or cross-sector collaborations with other teams;
• Handle day to day client requests and needs, with a focus on clients who have interest in the Korea Bank/Biotech sector;
• Communicate your team's ideas with a persuasive curve to internal and external parties; tailor your communications by client need/type;
• Organise fact-finding trips and channel-check meetings upon clients’ bespoke requests or for investors tours;
• Contribute to furthering your franchise as a business by suggesting new approaches or ideas.
• Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
• 1-2 years of working experience in equity research;
• Prefer experience (but not required) of working in Banks or Pharmaceutical companies;
• Strong academic background
• Ability to independently arrange fact-finding trips and channel checks meetings;
• Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to complete a robust model (base and sensitivity cases) from start to finish with little guidance; mastery of the levers in the model.
• Ability to discuss in detail you understanding of the fundamentals/drivers (competitive landscape, risks) of your industry/product
• Ability to take disparate pieces of information, synthesize them and articulate a compelling thesis or argument in a clear and cogent manner.
• Demonstrates creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things
• Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements
• Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
• Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management
• English fluency is essential for this role.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Clients turn to our industry-leading Markets, Sales and Research team to offer clients unique market insights on sectors and companies, and actionable ideas using research to make well-informed investment decisions. Teams understand products across asset classes and help clients structure solutions that manage risk, enhance yield and solve complex financial problems.